After the first fitting we decided to keep the underdress a simple loose shift.
Through the continued research I'm doing for this project, I decided to try a fitted
sleeveless gown based on a the same style and shape as the overdress.
I created the new pattern and muslin for the second fitting. I had just enough muslin
to make the complete bodice and one front section of the skirt.
front view of muslin for the second fitting
view of back bodice for second fitting
Martin and I were very happy with the look of this more fitted underdress, even though the skirt had only one section it was enough confirm the correct fullness. Some adjustments need to be made to the length, shape of the armhole and the depth of the front and back neckline.
front view of both gowns on the mannequin
I'm currently working on the revisions to the pattern in order to create a muslin for a final fitting.
My third project will be a dress to go with this gorgeous bodice in the collection. I'm in the process of researching the proper silhouette to go with this bodice.